need some more help pleasse

does anyone know what shingles are. its been going around where we live. all weekend my one year old had a high fever. then this morning she woke up with a slight rash all over her co uld it be shingles

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Shingles are typically something older adults are at risk for - it's the re-emergency of the chicken pox virus that's been lying dormant since your last go around with it. I'm not an expert on shingles or a medical expert, but my understanding is that you can't get shingles if you haven't *had* chicken pox. That said, if she's been exposed to shingles, she could come down with chicken pox. Just keep an eye out for *those* symptoms.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• you can goggle it i dont know anything about them
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would go to webmd.com. It has all the symptoms and pictures to help you. Just type in the syptoms. If it starts to get worse I would call dr. Good Luck!!!
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 9:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• well that is what i am wondering it has been soo long since i had to deal with things like this i mean my middle child is fourteen. should i wait and see if it gets better or worse. i mean i was thinking since her temp was high over the weekend maybe the rash is a result from that or should i just go ahead and take her to the ER i would never get her in to see her doc today.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• how high is her temp? i think they have a fever with shingles but im not sure i would look it up tho to make sure but if you think she has them go to the er just in case good luck i hope she dont have them
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• okay i looked it up and no it definitely doesn't look like shingles and over the weekend at one point her temp was 101.8 but i gave her tylenol and it quickly came down sunday it was 100.5 and yesterday and today she hasn't had one. i am going to go put her in the tub and watch it the rest of the day if it gets worse i will take her. thank you guys. just a mommy that needs a little reminding now and then like i said it has been awhile . i will keep you posted
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• you are welcome
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008