Help me name our Christmas puppy! :-)

I'm so excited! A lady that my hubby works with breeds Boxers, and in the last litter her dog had 12! Can you imagine? LOL So her hubby told her she had to get rid of them all, regardless of if she sold them or gave them away. They have papers, and they usually sell for like $300, but she agreed to give him to us for only $50, and she'll hold him for us until Christmas. I'm going to put him under the tree Christmas morning for my 2 year old son to find! But he needs a name, and I'm horrible at naming! Can you girls throw some suggestions out there for me? I'll take the ones I like and call hubby to see what he thinks, and we'll let you know what we pick! Please and thank you!! :-)

Kristanene

Asked by Kristanene at 8:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pets

• well i had the same question over the weekend unfortunately our christmas puppy fell through i am so mad so the names i had were niko and kila
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Awww, I'm so sorry! I was afraid ours was going to as well..she didn't want to take $50 for it at first. But hubby asked her again this morning and she said okay. I'm sending her the check for it tomorrow. I think her hubby might have told her she better take it. LOL I don't know though. Thanks for the names! I like Niko. :-) I'm a photographer, and I shoot with an Olympus, so I thought about Oly maybe.
    Kristanene

Answer by Kristanene at 9:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Rocky? I don't know, you could let your little boy name him. He might come up with something cute and funny that will stick.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• LOL I thought about that..I'm not sure if he would or not. I asked him the other day if he'd like a doggy and he said, "Nope" and walked off. LOL I know he'll love it though..he loves animals. If we let him do it, it's name might end up being Arf. LOL
    Kristanene

Answer by Kristanene at 9:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I thought about other Boxer names too..hubby suggested Rocky as well...we thought about Tyson, Ali, Apollo..lol.
    Kristanene

Answer by Kristanene at 9:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• you'll know when you see the dog it will come to you then
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We had a Boxer and his name was Buster! Considering it's a Christmas Puppy how about Noel for a girl or Kringle for a boy!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We've always had boxers -- they're really great dogs; smart and very rambunctious. They do jump up on you, and can knock down small kids, which is fun, but can freak some kids out. They do have distinct personalities, so you may find yourself changing any name you pick ahead of time. If you leave their ears uncropped so they're floppy, you can use cuddlier names; when the ears are cropped so they stand up they look fiercer and need names like Max or Ollie (your suggestion -- and a good one). We had a real sweetheart female and named her Taffy cause she was the color of butterscotch taffy and was a real mush. We had a bringle male named Guinness because he looked like a glass of freshly poured ale!
    tiktok

Answer by tiktok at 10:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• max, diesel, stryker, rocky, tank, harley. he needs a tough guy name cause hes a boxer!!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Tyson
    Harley
    Bosco
    Harlow
    Spike
    Tank
    Just a few I came up with.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 10:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2008