What do u do when ur spouse changes because of a life treating disease like cancer ?

How do u support them?

pamnjim

Asked by pamnjim at 9:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• How do you mean changes?? I'd imagine ANYONE whould be affected by something like that. I would just try to be there when he needed to talk, or cry, or be angry....or whatever HE needed. But, I'd also make sure he understood he's not alone in this. You're feeling the pain too. Maybe not physically, but you're in it too. So, he doesnt need to feel so alone.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• hang in there and support as much as you can, if he is having treatment and its sucessful he will get back to normal as he starts to feel better, thats what happened with my Dad anyway ((hugs)) hang in there.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• First of all Hugs to you, and please dont take this as anything but honesty. My dad had cancer and was only around 4 months after he was diagnosed, it was frustrating, and annoying, and impatient and at times it smelled. ut not ONCE did my mom leave my dads side. None of us really did, but the dependancy they had on each othr was deep. I mean alot of it depends how far along he is, but Its going toe rough, and make sure you haveother support there for YOU becuase YOU WILL need it! Good Luck hon, and keep your head up!!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 9:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Love, support and stand by him just as if he were healthy, just as I hope he'd do with me if the tables were turned. I'd pray with all my heart that he'd get better and things would return to normal and hang in there the best I could until then.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Counseling for both of you. My ex was an alcoholic, it was awful. He went through rehab and did wonderfully. Then there was an accident at work that almost took his life. The attitude after that was so bad that I would have taken his drinking days over the post-accident days.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2011