Peroxide on piercings?

I posted a question about my dd's earring not turning and seeming to be stuck. People posted about using peroxide and I'm not sure about that. I googled it and I found plenty on how it's not recommended.
I'm at a loss as to what to do, it's not bothering her today and I've been using some of the stuff they gave her when she had it done and trying to move it a little every time. Did that 3 times today. What should I do????

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Saline mix is better.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• NO!! Use a salt water mixture or even saline.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'd keep using the stuff they gave you. Try to really soak them good. You can also use Saline solution. Thats what we used when I got my eyebrow and lip pierced. Or, you can call the place that pierced her, and see what they recommend.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You aren't supposed to rotate a piercing! Leave it alone! Meow prime and bactine. Ive had enough piercings and have been sent home with care instructions stating never rotate. Piercing. It encourages infection and can aggravate it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Stupid iPad spelled meow out of neosporin!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Nowadays - you aren't supposed to turn it, but it should move front to back.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• it sounds like there is probably dried blood or fluid....just keep putting on the cleaner very thoroughly and make sure to push up on the back so you can get under the front and vice versa to clean the back very good.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My daughter just got her lip done Friday, they gave her a paper that said, antibacterial soap, peroxide , alcohol or Bactine. She's been doing all 3 and so far so good!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• She has a little gold hoop, the one that you have to put the one end into the other to fasten it. The little .5mm part that is not gold is in her ear right now and it's not moving. I've always just pushed it through the girls ears after a shower but it's not moving and I can't see any puss or scabs or anything. It doesn't hurt her unless I try to push it.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• alcohol
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 6:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2011