Is it ok to date a fellow employee?

My co-worker lives in nj but the guy she is interested in lives in Maine. She thinks its fine to try and "date" him because they are on the same level in the company and because they live so far apart. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• No in-office awkwardness. I say go for it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• honestly she should check with hr to see if that is even allowed. otherwise i guess if it doesn't work out then they don't have to see each other often lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• As long as it's not against company policy, sure, go for it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• She needs to read the company manual and find out what the written company policy is.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't. I dated a guy for a while at my work that was on my level. After we broke up I started dating another guy and when he got word he ran in the bathroom and cried. Then a week later he told me that sometimes during work he'd get so horney thinking about me, he would go in the public bathroom (at work) and jerk off. Awkward! Thank God he quit!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I say DON'T do it. i met my ex where we used to work n then when we moved we ended up workin at the same place again. didn't go well cuz it was a bad situation. i know not all break ups are bad, but ours was..i say keep relationships outta the workplace. just sayin!!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I dont usually agree with dating guys from your job...cause break ups can get very messy. But, I'm a bit of a hypocrite too!! I met my DH and the last place I worked. We've been together almost 3 years...so it worked out for us!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• yeah even if its not in the company policy it can still end up being messy, it should be easier seeing they dont work in the same office etc but if it ends badly chances are they have to face eachother work wise in the future and keep it professional.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• With that kind of distance between their work places, I'd say "go for it"
    SrGryphon

Answer by SrGryphon at 10:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It's OK while the relationship is working, and it's no OK, when the relationship isn't working. So take it from there. IMO
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2011