Normal? TMI adult content

Okay I am 32 weeks and 5 days pregnant. With my first child I delivered 3 and a half weeks early by emergency c section. I did not have a big gush of fluid. I had been in the hospital one night for low fluid sent home the next day and then the following day was told my water had broke and delivered her. So with the first pregnancy all I had for water breakage seemed to be like a trickle. It was clear and no other colors.

A couple times I have had to go in to the doc because I was having this same clear looking discharge/fluid. Both times they've said it's nothing. It seemed it was only happening a little bit and then stopping. Well since Friday I have been having this clear discharge/fluid. It's semi regular, I see it almost every time I go to the bathroom. I have had some contractions off and on the last few days but nothing serious and they don't seem to be very regular, also a little cramping feeling like my period is about to start.

I haven't talked to the doctor because I figured it was probably just the same thing as the last two times I was up to be seen. I don't want to just call the doc and go in just to be told it's nothing again, I feel like I have wasted their time. I also don't want to wait too long and then find out I should have gone sooner. Do you ladies think it's probably just normal discharge/fluid and braxton hicks, or if you were me would you call the doc??

MommyNMay

Asked by MommyNMay at 9:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• In your case, I would probably rather be on the safe side bc of the higher risk. Your drs aren't going to tell you that you are wasting their time. They would rather you and your child be safe and healthy than be sorry. I'd call at least.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would call just to be sure. Its better to be safe than sorry. Dont feel like your wasting there time, its what you pay them for.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would call just to make sure. It could even be urine. Since the baby is on your bladder you may be trickling a little.

They say that if your water breaks you have to deliver within 24 hours or the baby can get infections.
    ArmyVetWife2007

Answer by ArmyVetWife2007 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i say go to the docs. i had a prob with the way some of the nurses would look at me and be like this is not your first you know all of this, and then i would feel like crap, for wasting thier time. i had my water break all by itself twice the sec. time it happened when i went to the bathroom, oddly it looked a lot like egg drop soup. sorry but it is true. any way i get to the hosp. and when the lnd nurse sees me she says what makes yo think your water broke, i tell her um the fact that i went to pee and can not seem to stop. she rolle dher eyes at me and said to pee in the cup, which i did she stucka strip in it and well the rest is history. so i would go to the docs let them think what ever they want you big concern is the health of your baby and nothing else
    4g4b

Answer by 4g4b at 11:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2011