How soon after seperating is it ok to date again?

After 10 years of marriage, my husband and I have decided to get a divorce. There is no need to seperate as we have been actively trying to save our marriage for the past 3 years.

I am in my early 30's and am scared to enter the dating scene again as I have 2 teenage boys. How soon is it acceptable to start dating again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• (continued) I don't think a divorce being finalized should be an indicator since I know of some divorces that take only a few months while others take years (mine took 4 years to be finalized).
    Anonymous

• When your divorced.
    Anonymous

• I would have to agree, when you are officially divorced. take some time to heal and find yourself before getting into the dating scene again.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• When you know your marriage is truly over and you feel ready.
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I dont think theres a set "time frame". When YOU are ready to move on, and arent going to be constantly compareing new guys to your ex, then your good to go. But, I would probably sit down and talk to my sons about it before anything real serious. See where they stand and how they feel. If theyre teenagers, they're old enough to have a conversation about their feelings with you.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I haven't because my kids are still young. I think, sense your kids are teenages and can understand your dating, then your free to date.
    I'm waiting for my kids to become teenages. Well, worth the wait and being mom now is priority.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• When your divorce is final.
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It's up to you. I seriously waited 12 years to date but ended up marrying the guy. He was only separated 2 months before dating me so it totally depends on the individual.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• whenever you feel that your ready again and your divorce is final
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• When you feel you are ready to date again, my marriage was horrible. I kept trying to save it despite my ex-husband's cheating and lying, I was young and had two babies and didn't want to be alone. He ended up leaving me for another woman, a woman he is still with and is about to have his second child with (they have a 3 year old daughter, and another daughter due next month). I hated the feeling of being alone and rejected so I started dating a guy a few months after my ex left - it was a huge mistake and I wanted out almost as soon as it started but I felt guilty because he was obviously a lot more into me than I was into him. I didn't start dating again for a year, I had some good relationships that ended for one reason or another and a few bad ones but last year (4 years after separating) I found a great guy.
    Anonymous