If you were Casey Anthony's mother,would you have lied on the stand for her?would you ever lie to try to save your own child if he/she were on trial for a crime?

Even Nancy Grace admitted she would lie for her child...be honest ladies and really think about this one.

elzingah36

Asked by elzingah36 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I would definitely lie if my child were facing the death penalty. Obviously, if my child were facing the death penalty, she would need help and I would not want her free to harm others. I would want her to get the help she needed. But I would still love her, and would not want others to murder her, could not walk away and say "oh well" while others judged and killed her. I hope I would be willing to risk my life to save anyone's child. Murder, whether "legal" or "illegal" still leaves wounded victims and heals no one. As someone in the religious profession, I can honestly say that I have never met anyone who was healed by the death penalty, but I have met many who were emotionally and spiritually destroyed by it. To lie in order to save a life is not, for me, as bad an action as telling the truth in order to maintain some personal facade of integrity. We all lie. We all sin in many many ways.
    SrGryphon

Answer by SrGryphon at 10:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• absolutely not!!! i would never lie for someone not even a family member if i knew they did something that horrific. it's so appauling at how ppl can just brush things off and be like...family sticks together no matter what...well there are limitations. i was taught from an early age by my parents..u get in trouble n thrown in jail...that's where u will sit....n that was enuff to scare me!!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No I would never lie for them...And hopefully I will have taught them to be the same way and to be held accountable for their actions. Lying to withhold our children for harm in a scenario like that is a huge disservice to them, and we become an accomplice to their crimes.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 9:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No. Honestly. I wouldn't lie for my child. If they did something wrong then they need to be held accountable for their actions.
    Nancy Grace said she would lie for her child in this sort of a case? Wow.
    Loyalty means nothing if your integrity has to be compromised for it.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• nope, i wouldn't lie. i would just refuse to testify. they're not going to torture me and force me to testify.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i also think bout how that child didn't get the chance to have a voice. don't think it's right at all! i think all three of them should rot in jail. something is screwy with that whole family
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would definitely lie for my daughter. Sorry, but I would.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No, I would not lie. It would go against everything we've ever taught them and they would not expect me to lie.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i love my kids and granddaughters but i wouldnt lie for them
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm not in the situation so I can't be objective. I might. Or I might refuse to testify and go to jail. It's hard to say. I hope I'm never in the position to find out.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2011