Do you agree with congress for bailing out the 3 Auto companies

Why do you disagree or agree? Be honest!!

MsJacksonInc

Asked by MsJacksonInc at 9:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a loan for them . I agree with the loan ,our economy is already in a very weak state so we can not let BIG 3 go under.
    And people need work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have mixed emotions about it. On one hand, I think let capitalism work, then on the other hand, I think...well, we already have a slumping economy and it doesnt need to be worse. I think that the orginal bailout to the cc companies was more unnecessary and there was no accountability but yet they are holding these companies to a much higher standard and its only a loan. I would be okay with it, if they would force the unions to restructure and lower their overhead. The unions usefulness is long gone. They are overpaid. This may end up happening anyway. We will see.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I do not agree with the bailouts and I think if it is a LOAN of the people's money then we should know how it is going to be paid back, the time line, the interest rate, etc. etc. etc. If it is just to bail them out of the financial mess they got themselves into, then no. Let them file bankruptcy and restructure. I am also against the union getting the blame for the BIG 3 mess. Let's not forget the big wigs that make more money in one month then the union worker makes in a year. It's easy to blame the union but there is also blame for the management.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Against, but it doesn't seem to matter much. Congress isn't interested in what the people really want. I guess that's the price of special interests. Now, will that be cash, check or charge?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• of course! those 3 companies employ 3 million people! if the bailout/loan fails those people are out of a job. plus the only reason it failed the first time was b/c some freaking congressman from alabama is in the pocket of a car company for europe who wants to biuld a factory in alabama and pay their works min. wage.
    if it fails again, you can kiss the economy good bye. michigan has been in a depression for the last 6 years, this will seal her fate for good.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Michigan is in the tank because of faulty elected individuals raising taxes to rates never seen before. Yeah, when the going gets tough, raise taxes. That will solve it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am not in favor of the bailout for the automakers. If the Unions would concede and agree to not be so adamant about keeping wages as high as $75 an hour, I would have some sympathy for them. Nobody with unskilled labor needs or should make that kind of money when college kids with 4-5 year degrees will never see money like that. Some of those UAW have gotten paychecks like that for 40 years. Let them all go under, and make way for new car companies that are willing to keep employees that are willing to make a wage they are qualified to make. The southern car companies without unions are not going bankrupt.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Bail out Ford.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am a democrate but you need to go to you tube and look up Ron Paul the Philosopher's stone it blew me away that he has been hidden so much and I had a friend that sent me an email with this I had herd of him but in a very passive way just by name but knew nothing of him now I have been looking at more of the things he has been saying for years. The man has something to say and nobody has been listening, too bad. LOOK THIS UP YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS IT.
    Supermomlp

Answer by Supermomlp at 11:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• WOW  I don't know where you live but here union is hardly over paid and without the union my family would be right back where we were before my dh got a union job working for 10.00 or less an hour with NO health insurance or life insurance NO dental NOTHING. All this with a family of 5. He still does not make loads of money but we can pay our utilities all at one time instead of begging not to shut it off and I can buy groceries without crying. We are not high on the food chain at all but saying the union has out lived its usefulness I most certainly do not agree. I do not think that they need raises for a couple of years to get things under control and these corporate big dogs could come of some of that yacht money to help the companies they ran into the ground get back up on there feet but that will NEVER happen.

Supermomlp

Answer by Supermomlp at 12:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008