how do i get him off my hip

i know that the doc cut the cord that attached me and my 1 yearold son .........LOL but right now you would never belive that it feels like he is more attached to me now then when he was in me.i walk out of the room to use the restroom and he scearms like im killing him cause i walked away so i have to take him with me and then he want to see what im doing . it hard to do anything cause hes always attached to me i know that im mommy but gosh he wont go to anyone he wont play by him self and if he does he has to be able to see me and thats not even for long then hes back in my lap !i cant hold another baby or talk to a nother baby and he starts to freak out but i guess its partly my falt cause its just been me and him since he was born; i have been home with him! but cause he does not do that to daddy he know that when daddy leaves in the morning that he comes back later what do i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he has seperation anxiety my 3 year old has it and i dont know why what it is hes use to you being around him all the time my daughter isnt that bad now but shes in preschool so shes is away from me for acouple hrs it helps alittle
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• day care a few hours a week might help. My 2.5 year old never went through this, he was in day care from 8 weeks to 22 months so maybe that's why. My 1 year old, however, has never been to day care and acts like your 1 year old if I walk away from her.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• like right now i just put him down to grab a bit to eat hes standing right in front of me and is sreaming i picked him up sit him next to me and is starting to calm down but is still fussy
    Timmys_Mommy07

Answer by Timmys_Mommy07 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My 16 month old is really clingy when he's not feeling well. I notice that the day before he gets a cold or fever he really wants to be held and is grouchy. Also does this when he's teething.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Buy a baby carrier and let him be with you. He'll grow out of it soon enough.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My 13 month is just starting to grow out of it. He was like this since he could crawl. He'll grow out of it soon. Tips to try though, go to the store for 15 minutes or take a walk and leave him with dad, let him look out the window and watch you leave. Once he gets used to it make the lengths longer. TThe daycare a couple days a week is a good idea also. He;ll get to play and you'll get me time
    SarahShirey

Answer by SarahShirey at 1:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008