Does anyone have children taking omega 6 and omega 3 supplements?

My son is 6 and recently diagnosed with combined ADHD, he has started taken Adderall XR, and I have been doing research on omega 3 and 6 and found that these supplements can help children with ADHD, Does anyone give these to their children? If so, what do you give them, how much, and how often?

prettyeyedmommy

Asked by prettyeyedmommy at 9:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, my 7 yr old takes Nordic Naturals Omega 3.6.9. I cannot say enough about it! Her eczema is almost completely gone and she is sooooooo smart!
    all-natural

Answer by all-natural at 9:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I forgot to add that she takes 2 in am and 2 in pm. You can also add some calcuim and magnesium or just buy "Calm" which you can find at your local healthfood store. Also make sure that he dooesn't have food allergies. You can do that by asking yout dr. to order a blood test called the RAST test and test him for the foods that he eats the most!
    all-natural

Answer by all-natural at 9:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2008