What is the one thing that you notice you do just like your mother?

when I get onto my kids I swear I sound just like my mom when she woud get onto my sisters and I.....

poobear5

Asked by poobear5 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We laugh alike; and apparently sound identical on the phone...my fiance says he has a hard time telling us apart on the phone and we've been together almost 9 yrs! As for the "catchphrases" those I mostly picked up from my Dad...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't know ! I lost my mom when I was 6 , but alot of people say I look just like her .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• "I didn't ask who made the mess, I told you to clean it." I HATED when she said that, but I catch myself saying it A LOT. "Choose your battles" is one that I remind myself all of the time. It drives me crazy when she tells me to do it, but when hubby and I are arguing, I remind myself of that to keep a small problem from escalating. OH...a big one. I would get so mad at her when I was a kid and we would sit down to watch a movie and she would fall asleep. I couldn't understand why she was so sleepy all of the time. Every time I sit down to watch a movie with the kids, I pass out. EVERY TIME! ha ha. And one of my feet is constantly going 100 mph when I am sitting or lying in bed. It drives my husband insane and he points it out everytime my mom and I are doing it at the same time.
    LilMae.N.MDJr

Answer by LilMae.N.MDJr at 9:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I notice that I end up feeling just like my mom told me she did with me. Meaning, my teenager is very secretive and treats me like I am totally uncool and her worst enemy. I remember my mom expressing the same thing and sometimes still does. Its very frustrating.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Funny you ask...just a couple weeks ago I was washinng my face, looked up into the mirror and saw my mom! The older I get, the more like her I am!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 11:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2008