Plz help if you can, nurses or anyone with some medical knowledge or someone who has gone through something like this

I have and almost 4 month old on the 16th. we have changed formulas several times to finally find one she will keep down at first we thaught that she was too skinny cause she couldnt keep the formula down it has been almost three week and she is still very skinny her ribs are NOT showing but she is still so skinny she has no fat on her, she even has a little skin near her legs and arms that seems to be kinda hanging like she needs to grow into and I am soooooooooooo scared for her i have a doc apt for her on wednesday. I have heard to try a little gerber carrot juice mixed with her formula to help her absorb the nutrients and my DH is on his way to the store to get some but I was wanting to know of any tricks, suggestions or even maybe diagnosis any nurses out there, or even a little peace of mind i am almost in tears I am so worried. she is still very alert and looking around at things she isnt to the point of going to the er i think and should make it till her appt wednesday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How often do you feed her?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You need to speak to your pediatrician about your concerns. I would not give a four month old carrot juice.
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• every 2-3 hours
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Make sure your mixing enough formula into the water. You could also start her on baby cereal if you want to....
    Anonymous

• has she been gaining weight? it sounds like this has been an on-going problem...how is her growth? have you discussed with your ped. the possibility that she has gerd? i haven't heard anything about carrot juice. have you tried the hypoallergenic formula (almientium i think it's called)?

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Anon has a good point. Make sure the formula is being mixed correctly. If she will eat baby rice from a spoon, I would try that as well. But definitely talk to your dr as soon as possible as he/she would be able to give the best advice and care for your child. Good luck! How much does she eat at each feeding? Does she still spit up? and have you considered switching to soy formula? These are all questions you should think about and be ready to answer at the dr apt to better help you and your baby. Again, good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My husband is a nurse. He said that he wouldn't give a 4 month old carrot juice. He said obviously he couldn't possibly tell you anything without looking at your baby, taking blood etc. He said if it is really bad like you are saying, you don't wait for an appointment, you take her in. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• when we took her to the doc last he didnt say anything but at the time we thaught it was just the formula now i think it might be more. we have tried 6 different formulas and finally the enfamil gentlease is the only one of the 6 she will completely keep down. we have added a little cereal to her formula in each bottle. we did try spoon feeding her a few days ago to see if maybe she was just to hungry for what we were giving her. she eats about 4-6 ounces of formula every 2-3 hours. we have even started waking her up in the middle of the night to feed her instead of letting her sleep for 7 hours straight to see if that was why. It doesnt seem like she is gaining any weight which is my concern. What is gerd?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Can she have a tiny bit of mashed banana? I agree about adding the rice to her formula. My son wasn't overly skinny but had a problem with keeping formula down until we had nutramigen (sp) and even that wasn't great. After all was said and done, we thought it was reflux and colic. Don't panic. If she's peeing, alert, no fever, eating, she should be okay. JMO. GL.
    Anonymous

• thank you yea she is still peeing, pooing, alert and no fever thats y i said she should make it till wednesday
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011