• In the Spotlight:

Do you feel that you could never catch up on house stuff since you have a child?

I don't know if every mother feels like this but I feel it's impossible to catch up on everything. After 9 p.m. I try to enjoy some downtime with hubby or alone but all day every day, it seems that I am always always working on something...cooking, vacuuming, laundry, etc...And when everything seems great and neat and perfect the day after I have to start all over again...it's overwhelming...do you feel that way?

bianca2422

Asked by bianca2422 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• sometimes, but usually i'm on top of stuff. it's just frustrating that i don't get any 'me' time except late at night when i really should be asleep!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I did at first until I figured out... if it isn't a potential danger, isn't talking to me, or growing hair.... it can wait. I don't pick up anything until after my kids go to bed, and I do laundry every Sunday. Dishes my DF usually loads in the dishwasher for me, so our house isn't spotless, but I don't stress out anymore about it! I do dust and everything twice a month too.
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I feel like that all the time. Im never caught up on anything, especially laundry.
    country_mom_07

Answer by country_mom_07 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yeah..I have two kids, and one of whom often undoes what I just accomplished. Like knocking the laundry basket over after folding, etc. If things were always clean and kept up around here I wouldn't be a mom..lol!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• yea I started working full time and I got behind and never caught up but I am just trying to pace myself and not stress over the small things
    THAT_GURL

Answer by THAT_GURL at 11:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes its hard but try to have one day out of the week that I can do stuff around the house but I always get to it some time. I usually try to do it on the weekends or on Wednesday to know that that's the day I do it.
    chelseacelest15

Answer by chelseacelest15 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would go insane if I followed my DS around all day! I also try to pace myself.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 12:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• YES! and its nerve wrecking sometimes but, know that everything does not have to be perfect all the time. Make a plan to do just a few chores per day (some can be done weekly ie. laundry). My bathroom trick is to keep clorox wipes underneath the sink and I di quick cleaning with those during the week but on the weekend I clean it better!
    frstldyhmsch

Answer by frstldyhmsch at 1:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Occasionally but most of the time I really don't care if everything is done. With kids it will NEVER be all done so why stress out about it. I have 5 kids. As soon as I clean something up they trash it and then I spend the next 4 hours making them clean it up (because I refuse to be their maid).

When I feel like it I spend my day cleaning otherwise I worry about it another day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2011