How do I get this smell out of my daughte's mouth!

Ok, I'm ready to pop with this pregnancy and I can smell moon-beams at this point. My daughter ate 2 pieces of garlic bread yesterday at lunch and her mouth smells HORRIBLE. I'm not talking 'garlic breath' I'm talking about breath that has made me vomit more than once already. I have brushed this child's teeth over and over, I have swabbed her mouth out with mouthwash, she has had dinner, snacks, cereal, and everything since then and the smell is just as strong as it was yesterday. She wants to sit on my lap and breathe in my face and hug all over me I can't freakin take the stench! I know this sounds really mean, and I feel really mean saying it, but her breath is f***** awful! How can I get rid of it!!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• REMOVE THE CHILD FROM YOUR DIRECT VICINITY.......J/K I can completely understand though, I was that way when I was pregnant! My son is 4 and I would have to take him to the park, or let him play in his room....it was terrible! This too will pass! Just grab some clothes pins when you go to give her kisses! And remember that if you complain too much it will turn into a game of "Gross-Out-Mommy"
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I really can't believe how upset this has me. Its nasty!! I've tried everything and I'm at my wits end. I mean when it is interfering with me being able to hold my child considering it is making me throw up!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• How about a pepermint? How old is she? That would matter what you can do.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 9:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• She's 3 and she would chew up a mint so I wouldn't worry about her choking on it. Definitely worth a shot!!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Have you brushed her tongue?
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Try having her chew on a mint or parsley leaf. Or even eating a lemon works sometimes too, as along as you can stand it :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If she is very small, let her suck on a candy cane. The minty smell may not take the stench away, but it will be an improvement.
    heatherbnyc

Answer by heatherbnyc at 1:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My husband worked at a store that was connected to a barbeque resturant when I was pregnant with one of our kids. The smell from the place was all over him. when I went to pick him up from work he smelled soooo horrible to me that I used to have to hang my head out the window all the way home. I wanted to puke everytime I smelled him! Generally I love bbq but when I was pregnant...AUGH! I could not stand it! I made him leave his coat in the trunk of the car because it was leather & like..embedded with the smell.
    I tink you should give her some tic tacs. My kids love those things. The green or white ones would probably kill the smell.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Ask some one else if her breath smells bad. Sometimes, we have bad breath because we are coming down with something. If her breath is still bad in a day or two, perhaps you might want to take her to the doctor. My oldest had bad breath because he had an ear infection. I knew a little boy that shoved gauze or a bit of cotton ball up his nose. He could clear a room. It was awful.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Thank you for all of your advice ladies! It went away, but it took all day. Thank god when I got out of work, it was better than when I left for work in the morning...I don't think I could have handled it! lol!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2008