For the last 9 months my mother though she was pregnant because she has been feeling movement but...

she had her tubes clipped, burnt and tied (those are her exact words) so I knew she wasnt pregnant when she first told me. This is the third time she thought she was pregnant and after the 9 months pass ..no baby! But this time she said she has been feeling movement and her stomach has gotten bigger. She is wonder could if a tumor or a cyst could be causing this (movement and enlargement of her stomach) So I am asking you ladies have you heard of such a thing? Im going to do research as well to find out more information. Thanks in advance..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• well did she go to the dr. about it? what did they say?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My friend's mom had the exact same freaking thing happen. It wasn't a tumor but she had to have a hysterectomy.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• @princessbeth79 she has not gone to the doctor she is just now coming to terms with not being pregnant. She said she will go to the doctor on her off-day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Fibroids can cause that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• This happened to my mother. I was kind of upset with her for getting pregnant when she thought she was because of her current relationship status with my father lol. But anyway, a few months went by and she decided to go to the doctor, and she wasnt pregnant. She lost her period, and her belly grew. She has Uterine Fibriods, which is something like a mass growth where a baby should be. She was measuring 5 months. They have to be surgically removed. Hopefully your mother doesnt have them. Good luck.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i mean i would think you would go to the dr. if you thought you were pregnant for 9 months....but they will give her an ultrasound to see what's going on. probably fibroids which are common. either way she should go to the ob/gyn
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It is probably a Pseudo-pregnancy----imagination and worries about being pregnant can make a woman think she is pregnant and have symptoms when she is not. Pseudocyesis: Here is information for you and your Mom.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/false-pregnancy-pseudocyesis

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• @princess79 she went once about 7-8 months ago they told her she wasnt pregnant, she had an ultra sound and they told her she was not pregnant. She got upset. She was convinced that she was pregnant and they weren't telling her the truth. So she stopped going because she didnt want to hear that she was not pregnant. Everyone knew she wasnt but she was convinced she was. She even bought baby clothes, stroller, carrier ect.

@minnesotanice thanks I will pass the information to her

thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Ok besides the obvious that she isn't pregnant, gas movement feels like a baby. If it gets bad enough and pops inside it feels like a baby kicking. If she is swelling up like a pregnancy she needs to see a doctor. Besides fibroids, she could have a problem in her intestines and/or colon. I personally know a woman who had her tubes cut and burned and got pregnant. But hers showed up on a pregnancy test. Could be a hormonal problem as well as swelling or enlargement of her Uterus. Seriously, she needs to see a physician. Has she had a period through all of this?
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:50 AM on Jul. 5, 2011