TWILIGHT

My 10 year old wants to read TWILIGHT. I told her I would read it to see if it's appropriate for her. I've read the first 150 pages so far and have found no reason she shouldn't read it. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice regarding age appropriateness for reading TWILIGHT. Thanks much.

TJOKELSO

Asked by TJOKELSO at 9:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080815235104AA5VFtb

read that, they discuss it loads :)
    personally there are only vague references to sex etc. but I would leave it for a bit older.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 10:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have read all 4 books and there is a little bit of sexual content but nothing major. Depending on what your child understands about sex and/or how mature she is then I would say, at least the first book, is ok.
    MeeShee

Answer by MeeShee at 10:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Even in the 4th book, when they actually get around to HAVING sex, its more like it just alludes to it, then hops to the next scene.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Depends on your preferences, and also, the maturity of the child. I can't think of anything in the first book that'd be inappropriate for a 10 year old. However, further down the line, it really depends on your parenting and your preferences.
    Like MeeShee says, there's sexual content in the books further on, especially the last two, even if it is extremely PG. That's going to be all up to you. If you're concerned, they're easy reads - you could quickly read them first and then decide.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My 11 yr old son is reading them and loves them. I read all 4 books, it there really isn't any sex in the books.
    A_Mom_Of_Two

Answer by A_Mom_Of_Two at 3:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I let my DD read it at 10. She's read all 4, right after me.
    There's no reason not to - nothing worse than a Disney movie. The violence toward the end is not graphic, IMO.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 4:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008