Anyone else always tired???

My DH thinks I'm amking excuses...but I'm really not. And, I'm literally ALWAYS tired. It doesnt matter if I've had enough sleep, or too much, or not enough. I'm ALWAYS tired. Ever since I was preggo with my son. He's almost two now..and enough is enough. At first I thought it was pregnancy, then new baby, then colicy baby, then the fact that he didnt sleep through the night til a couple months ago. But, I take naps and it doesnt help. And, now, he sleeps fine. I get about 8 hours of sleep a night, and a 1-2 hour nap (usually) during the day. And, when he was a few months old I was tested for anemia...so its not that. What else could cause me to be constantly tired...reguardless of the amount of sleep. I really want to be done with this.

mlmkjw

Asked by mlmkjw at 10:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• I was thinking about this question, tossing it around in the back of my mind yesterday: I'm glad you haven't closed the question yet because I thought of something that might be important. My daughter (13 yr old) was diagnosed with aneamia a couple of years ago, just before we moved to a new city. When we moved, we had to obviously see a new doctor for her follow-up visit a month later, and he looked at the original blood work, the exact same information the first doctor used to diagnose aneamia, and he said she never was aneamic. My point is, aneamia is not that straightforward. There's a lot of numbers they look at, in combination and with various interpretations, they decide if there's a problem. Long story short: you should get a second opinion. You might be aneamic even though one doctor thought no.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Have you had your thyroid checked?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• depression? I know when I'm not at a good point in my life I'm always tired.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I was going to suggest anemia, but you've been tested for that. It could be something else lacking though, like a certain trace element or vitamin. I'd suggest you write down everything you eat for a week, then analyse it: green veges, colored veges, fruit, meat, whole grains, etc, and see if anything is obviously lacking. If you can't figure it out, maybe see your GP or consult a dietician.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Busy being a Mommy and a wife. Busy lifestyle? Are you getting up and getting out enough?-fresh air? You need to oxygenate your body and brain giving you energy, walking, running exercising, sports. Good luck.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Maybe a lack of some other nutrient(s)?
    Anonymous

• I thought of depression...but even on the days that I'm on cloud nine...I'm still tired.. LOL
    plus, can you be depressed for years at a time like that with it being obvious??
    mlmkjw

Comment by mlmkjw (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I keep wanting to go to this place around here that checks your horomones to see if its all balanced, but I keep putting it off. I guess I'm afraid something may really be wrong...dumb, I know.
    mlmkjw

Comment by mlmkjw (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• yes, i am tired all the time too. when i spend too much time inside i am more tired than if i am up and about doing stuff outdoors.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• thyroid
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2011