9 weeks pregnant, and killer hunger

I definitely can see that I'm going to gain some crazy baby weight with my baby on the way. I'm hungry all the time. Theres definitely not a healthy way to supress my apetite, and I have no time to go to the gym, full time college, full time job. I was thinking I could quit my job since my husband could support us, and spend that time in the gym then again the money coming in is good and I don't want to give up on that.

I have no idea what to do. Any thoughts?

Ashleigh_17

Asked by Ashleigh_17 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• that's not really an indicator that you're going to gain a massive amount of weight. with my first i had normal appetite and normal diet. i gained 50lbs. with my second i felt like crap all the time and ate hardly anything and gained 50lbs. with my third i felt great all the time and ate an unbelievable amount. i gained 30lbs. there is no rhyme or reason to pregnancy! just keep in mind that healthy foods make your baby grow big and healthy and junk makes momma grow big and flabby ;) that always motivated me to eat healthy. not saying i didn't have dessert, but for the most part healthy food!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Hey enjoy it...Everyone Puts on baby weight.. and you may be suprised with just working & school You may not even gain that much weight even with a mega apetite.i had a huge apetite with my daughter for junk food really sugary stuff & i didnt gain alot of weight...
    Nicole_Anne

Answer by Nicole_Anne at 10:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Ohh, thats good to hear. Hopefully I wont gain another 20 lbs like I did with my Daughter. Thanks!
    Ashleigh_17

Comment by Ashleigh_17 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I was the same way with my first pregnancy. I never once got morning sickness, was ALWAYS hungry. I ate whatever, whenever. Luckily, I did not suffer any health related problems due to it. I gained 52 lbs. and it took an entire year to get it off. My second pregnancy was a bit different, I had morning sickness for the first 3 1/2 mo. I still gained 53lb. total, and was borderline for sugar problems. I really tried hard with my diet to keep it under control. My suggestion, pick healthier snacks and meals. Be careful with exercise, too much that you may not be used to is not safe. I was miserable due to the weight gain both times, and would totally do things differently if I could go back. Talk to your dr with your concerns, he/she may be able to help. Good luck!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am pregnant for the first time as well and about 11 weeks along, so I can sympathize with the killer hunger. What helps curb it for me is milk. I sometimes wake up early ine the morning around 4:30 am with my stomach growling so I will drink a glass of milk. It is ok to have a little chocolate now and then, but I would try to eat more fruits and veggies instead if I were you. Also don't be afraid to ask your doctor any quesions or voice any concerns you have. I ask a ton of questions everytime I go to mine and that's ok ecause that is what they are there for.
    RachaelAnn1980

Answer by RachaelAnn1980 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• What is most imp is to eat HEALTHY & concentrate on protein & water intake the most. Other than that, lots of fruits & veggies, & healthy fats instead of any of the bad fats.
    If you eat a proper diet, you shouldn't gain excessive amt of wt--baby + placenta + excess fluids on board, at term = approx. 20-25 #s. It takes a lot of calories to "build" a baby! (And it takes even MORE calories to have a good milk supply!)
    [Ex- baby RN]
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 7:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011