People on t.v. that you've met in person...

Do they look different to you? Heavier in person, hair seem lighter, they were taller??
We went to American Jewelry this weekend (Hardcore Pawn) and met Ashley and Les. Les seems darker in person, they both seemed heavier on t.v., and Les was really a cool guy to talk to. Ashley was strickly professional and right back to work after posing for a pic with my DH and sons (see my avatar), but Les hung around to talk to my son...who really seemed to amuse him! LOL
Who have you met, and how were they different than you expected??

mlmkjw

Asked by mlmkjw at 10:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Entertainment

• I met Penn Jillette and he is exactly as he seems on tv and in their stage show. He is very very tall, warm and friendly.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I've met Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, and film director Robert Altman. Mr. Newman was quiet, but friendly & his wife, Joanne was very friendly and chatty. And yes, Mr. Newman's eyes were amazing in person!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I saw Ralph Maccio from Karate Kid. he was shopping in an outlet mall. At 1st I was like "that's not him". Then I saw him walking from the back side and was all of a sudden, OMG it's him !! :-) I wouldn't have caught it, but the store clerks were oogling which caught our attention. He was just like everyone else and fit right in. We didn't talk to him.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I saw Boys to men walking into a salon in Hawthorne, California... not good looking.
    And jeff goldbloom in Hollywood, California, he seemed very stuckup.
    I saw Carrot Top here in Vegas, his home is like 15 minutes from mine. I think he looked cute!
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 10:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• nobody! but my hubby sees lots of famous people at his job. he's met a few of the local news anchors, marion barry (who you may not know if you don't live in the dc area lol), bill cosby and lewis faracon. i think he met nelson mandela too. but nobody for boring old me :(
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I met the principal in Ferris Buellers Day off at a restaurant in Englewood, Fl. He was a jerk, he looked the same, but a bit heavier and intoxicated. I am not a star struck person. There were several people there that were excited to see him... Why? I am not sure!!

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• met John Cusack when I was working downtown Chicago Michigan Ave, Acted like I didn't know who he was when his face was on the cover of a mag in the lobby right there- he had sunglasses on yet I know his voice too well.
    littlejulie

Answer by littlejulie at 4:32 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Met Samuel L. Jackson who looked the same if not skinnier and Josie Bisset and her husband. My dh has met Brooke Shields, Buzz Aldrin, Sarah Ferguson (who looked good at the time), Michael Keaton, Oprah, gosh a handful of people I can't remember due to his work. Some are nice and some are awful.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011