Anyone else super frustrated trying to TTC?

My DH and I have been trying to concieve for about five months. I had my hormone levels checked and they are fine. My problem is every month feels like "the month". My symptoms all feel like pregnancy symptoms, but are just normal menstral cycle happenings. I think that since we started trying my menstral cycle symptoms have started to feel more like pregnancy symptoms just to mess with my head. Anyone else have the same experience?

CoachyMom

Asked by CoachyMom at 9:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Ive never tried to consive so all I can say is I see and hear alot that once you eliminate the stress of trying it usally happends fairly easy,,,hope someon can help better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• CoachyMom- I am right there with you!!! I get so frustrated too... My DH and I have been trying for four months now and still nothing. That is so funny that you said that every month is "the month". Just yesterday I was telling my DMom that this is "the month". I wish you the best of luck and LOTS AND LOTS OF BABY DUST TOO YOU!!!
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 10:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Are you charting? Or using OPKs? I recommend buying the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I tells you how to maximize your timing to concieve. It will help you pinpoint your ovulation day. I bought it last year this time. I have been pregnant three times in the past year. Unfortunately none of mine will stick. Let me know if you have any questions.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• lisab7982- sorry to here about your losses.. Sending you lots of sticky dust!!
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 10:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Rj-Thanks and you as well! Lisa-I am sorry to hear about your losses also. I am using a fertility moniter (clear blue). Thank you for your suggestions.
    CoachyMom

Answer by CoachyMom at 10:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I've been trying for 7 months hopefully this is the month.I'm waiting and wishing.I'm feeling the same as op.Good luck and baby dust to all.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 11:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yup.... i am right there with you :) and all this time i felt im the only one who feels this way!! i am super hopeful+ super frustrated+ super stressed out with TTC. every month i feel like this is "the month". i even begin to feel the symptoms, and then i get my period :(
    i hope this christmas is lucky for all of us!
    lots of baby dust to you!
    Debrex

Answer by Debrex at 3:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I've read that it can take 9 months to conceive. thats the average amount of time it takes to conceive the first time, So HAPPY HUMPING!!! :))
    TheTara

Answer by TheTara at 4:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• The average woman with not problems takes 6 months to concieve. Drs wont normally see you till 1 year. I know the frustration. It took us 2 years for the first and it has been 18 months and counting or #2. Just relax. You are still in the early phase.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We've been trying since August, and right away my premenstrual symptoms started mimicking pregnancy symptoms--nausea, heartburn, etc (and they hadn't been like that before we started TTC). So I'd get my hopes up, and then my period would start. This month I tried not to think about any symptoms and what they might or might not mean, and I just got a positive pregnancy test this morning. So relax, good luck, and lots of baby dust to you.

Anonymous