16 and pregnant.

This is the show on MTV. Also a spinoff with Teen Mom. I enjoy these shows... big guilty pleasure- but how do you guys as parentss of teens feel about this show? Good or Bad idea?

kgrine

Asked by kgrine at 10:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• i think they are trash much like the other shows on these days.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• teen mom is a spin off of 16 n pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Thats waht I meant, but not that it really matters....
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i used to watch it sometimes I feel its good to show girls its not all glitz and glamour but then again some people think it makes them famous but dont realize its not for a good reason
    THAT_GURL

Answer by THAT_GURL at 10:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• lol true
    Anonymous

• I agree, and then some exploit it, Stay with your bf and fight wtih him and well give you a show. awesome. not. But i do think some of them are reallygood parents. I guess Im curious as to what you all would do, if your son or daughter came home and said were pregnant?
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My daughter is 14 and won't watch that show tho I told her she should so she can see the hell of being a young single mom.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think ts good too, kind of with Secret Life of the American Teenager... It shows the different outcomes of having sex at a young age.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i dont allow my stepkids to watch those shows they are 9 & 12 when they did they would start saying they wanted a baby. i think it just shows the fun part of parenting, the cute baby and everyone wanting to see it. so when they said that i put it on bringing home baby where they show the mom screaming in pain and the baby before they cleaned it up. she changed her mind quick lol.
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• LOL. that almost makes me wonder how I did it, but I had teh cheap seat and didnt have to watch lol. Tey do show discomforts of labor, but they show roe fo the effects on the relationships.
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011