I just found out

i work with sp needs kids at a elementary school. i just found out that the boy i worked with for 2 yrs has been taken from his family by child services. i feel so bad for him, he has autism and doesn't deal with change well. i just cant get him out of my mind. before school let out a month ago, a case worker was at the school asking about him. she also set up meetings with his mom to help her out but nothing changed so they removed him from the home. i hate that he has to go thru this. although his mom wasn't taking proper care of him. its just so sad. i just needed to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is so sad - I hope they place him quickly and with wonderful people that will give him everything he needs. Sadly you won't really be able to find out - unless he is returned to his family at a later time.
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am sorry to hear that :(
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• That is very sad, I hate to think how hard it is going to be on him! :(
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You have aright o be concerned. Just keep it in prayer and put it in God's hands.
    CMJames2010

Answer by CMJames2010 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• ssad

jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• *BIG HUG* you have a very big heart. Chin up. Hopefully he'll be taken care of better now.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I agree with sugamama3 you have a good heart there arent many people out there like you. :) I hope he is okay and adjust quickly
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Was your student the only child in the family?
    I wonder how did you get the news?
    Did the mother informed the school about her child being taken away?
    I thought that CPS keeps this kind of information confidential while the case gets to be resolved.
    Will your student be returning to your school?
    ~ Sorry, I'm just curious!
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• he is in a 3 child family they took all three i got the news from his teacher that lives down the rd from them (in a very small town) and was being interviewed in the case. it depends what school district he is in if he will return to the school

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Ughh Hugs! Maybe it will be best in the end, I mean they wouldnt pull him frm the home without having a good reason!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 12:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2011