What is the best way to Detoxify. Pills or Diet?

I have sjogren's disease. Is anyway unhealthy if you have a condition like this? Should I ask a DR. first or a pharmacist which is the best way to detox?

nan16

Asked by nan16 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Health

• Water fasting is best for detoxing and should be supervised (I sent you a PM :)

You should also take note that your body cleanses itself on a daily basis.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You should talk to your dr. first since you have an autoimmune disease.. also water fasting is not ALWAYS the best way. The reason there are supplemental ways to detox is that your organs need support while detoxing, especially for those who have underlying medical conditions. As an herbalist, I would recommend doing a 30 day cleanse, a very gentle one at first. PM me if you want more information on some different brands I can recommend, however, you should still mention it to your dr. Going to your local healthfood store and speaking to an herbalist or counselor is also a good idea.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Believe it or not the best way to do it is water with lemon juice. It neutralizes your body's acidity and help get rid of all your toxins.
    Kimmers1116

Answer by Kimmers1116 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Also apple cider vinegar
    Kimmers1116

Answer by Kimmers1116 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2008