A question for christians

Do you think God frowns on in vitro fertilization? Do you feel if a child is not conceived in a natural way. That god really frowns on surrogacy and such. Just a question?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't think that God frowns on modern technology when it's used in a good way.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No,b/c I believe that God is the creator of life,if He did not want that baby to be born,the treatments would not take,the surrogate would not concieve.....
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 11:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No not when he has given us the knowledge to do it.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No, but I have wondered about how God feels about us doing all these pro-longing life procedures. But then, I think if he didn't want us doing these thing, he wouldn't have given us the brain power to create it. Then you think of the bad things that are created.
    So the delema continues...
    I know, good thing were created like guns, which was good to hunt food and statin our life but then bad people who do not believe in him take guns to kill other people.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I dont think we can answer whether he frowns on it or not, I wouldnt know. I know for myself if I could not conceive naturally I wouldnt have done IVF, thats a personal decision for myself.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No He doesn't frown on good but when it is used for wrong reasons ... then that is what would not make Him too thrilled but He loves anyway regardless of the choices made.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I'm not saying this is what i think is true but i wanted to ask if god is the creator of life do you not think if a child was meant for you he would not give you the child naturally? And just because "god" gave humans the brain to create things doesn't always mean its good or right. Crack is that good for someone? Again im not against IVF but just wanted to throw that out there.

skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Just because we have the knowledge to do things, doesnt make it right, its about free will to choose whether to do something right or wrong, people have the knowledge of how to stab someone in the chest and kill them, doesnt make it right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Not really but it all depends on the situation like skinnyslokita said
    frstldyhmsch

Answer by frstldyhmsch at 1:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Someone finally asked a great question!
    First off, I don't think that everyone has a right to have a child. They have a right to try, but no promise of success in naturally conceiving
    I don't think God is directly involved in baby making. He set up a system and let it be.
    I think that like in the animal world, certain people shouldn't have children for some genetic reason. We may not see it in this life cycle, but the combination of genes that would be necessary to create life are tainted. I think forcing that issue is denying the natural process of selection in the natural world.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2011