What can I do to stay positive during my pregnancy? Im feeling depressed.

kdphillips1987

Asked by kdphillips1987 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wish you the best of luck and i am sorry to hear. Now knowing the circumstances i would suggest getting help as soon as you can. Its possible that after the baby is born, resentment towards the baby can happen. not that its intentional but because of the father leaving, leaving you with the baby, you having to bear the weight of being a single mom..ect. not saying that it will happen to you. but its best to get help as soon as possible. you have enough to worry about with being pregnant..now you have to deal with grieving over a relationship. If you dont want to get professional help thats fine, just talk to someone. Build a good support system for yourself.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I feel for you I'm having the same problem. Is this your first?
    MISSOCTOBER

Answer by MISSOCTOBER at 1:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• you can try setting up the babys things..that seemed to help me. and talk with some one..i think it is very improtant to talk to some one no. once you have the baby the depression can get worse. i didnt and after i had DS#2 my depression that i had during pregnancy turned to post pardem depression. i waited a whole 8 months before i decided to get help. If you talk to some one now you may be able to avoid all that. or at least established a good support if it dosent go away. Good Luck.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 1:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thanks MISSOCTOBER and MonkeyMommyNJ. Im pregnant with my first child and Im mainly depressed because I just broke up with the babys father.
    kdphillips1987

Comment by kdphillips1987 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2011