Why would u tell your child that?

when i was a teen my parents divorced and i lived w my mom. i went to live w my dad for a lil over a yr when i was 15. i talked to mom alot on the phone & one time she told me that sometimes she didn't go to work & she would drink all day because i wasn't there & that made me feel terrible. wtf. why would she try to blame her alcoholism on me? i was just a kid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

• Its just he way of rationalizing why she's drinking. It had nothing to do with you. Alcoholism is all about the blame game. If you stayed there and she started drinking she would find someone else to blame. She needs help. Don't feel bad.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 1:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Needed someone to blame rather than be accountable for her own actions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• this is a tough question for me. I could NEVER and will NEVER lie to my child about anything EVER but.......that is not information that I would volunteer to give my child EVER. But if my son or future children ever asked me what I "have been up to" or "doing" and that was what I had been up to or doing (which is quite possible, especialy if he we not around), I would tell him the truth. BUT......that is not info. that I would volunteer to tell him, to make him feel guilty because of the circumstances (unless of course the circumstances were his choosing).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2011