I cant get my son to stop crying and screaming

its like 2 am and there still doing fireworks. im in the county and there isnt a noise law here.i have tryed to go over and asked them if they could calm it down some.of course i got the whole its the 4th of july thing and we are haveing fun.1 its not the 4th anymore 2 its to freaking 2 am in the morning and my son is screaming i have tryed music and t.v. i have tryed rocking and singing what more can i do he is so tired but the fireworks are scareying him.

mom2curlyboy

Asked by mom2curlyboy at 1:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Jerkfaces! Maybe lay down with him and cuddle for a while. Sing to him. This just sucks I'm sure! Good luck! *hugs*
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Have you tried trimming the trees with shotgun shells? Normally works.
    HAHHAHA jk jk, please don't try that. Remember: It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Sorry dear, luckily, it'll only be for the night :( *hugs*
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Aside from staying with him and STAYING CALM and relaxed and not appearing cross or afraid yourself, it's ok to let him scream. He's letting out his physical tensions and easing his fear this way. He'll get over it long before you do though, eh? I'm NOT a fan of fireworks near residential areas. I am the firework monster! Erm, don't mention me to you son :0)
    So sorry he's having such a bad time. Hugs to you both. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 10:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• """"HUGS"""""" for last night.... mine was scared too.... I covered his ears for the whole time.... then it was a little bit better....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Just thought of something though.... does your state allow fireworks? Bc for next time, maybe you could still call the cops.... not for the noise, but for the illegal fireworks, lol!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Sorry hope you and baby were able to get some rest.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• yeah fireworks can be used at anytime in the county. and you cant say a word about it even if it is at 5am in the dang mornin he didnt got to sleep till 7am that mornin.
    mom2curlyboy

Comment by mom2curlyboy (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011