do you think with lots of counseling that an abusive spouse can change?

he admitted he had a problem and is seeking help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm inclined to say that most don't; only a select few might actually be successful. Admitting the problem and seeking help is just step one of a very long process that really comes with no guarantees.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm not sure, I think that with lots of counseling it MAY be possible, but I think that if your spouse is abusive he needs to prove to you that he's changed and you shouldn't trust that he's changed immediately.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 10:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think only if the person want to. They can only do it on their own. But I wouldn't stay with an abusive man even if he says he has changed. They all say that then WHAM they go back hitting again. I say find out if he really changed at a distance.

Answer by louise2 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• first what is WHAM mean? and we are separated and plan on stating that way till further notice. i obtained a lawyer just in case.. im skeptical about the whole thing....so far he been doing ok but im not going to rush back into the relationship
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• ok duh i figured out wham i read it wrong sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2008