do you think with lots of counseling that an abusive spouse can change?

he admitted he had a problem and is seeking help

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm inclined to say that most don't; only a select few might actually be successful. Admitting the problem and seeking help is just step one of a very long process that really comes with no guarantees.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm not sure, I think that with lots of counseling it MAY be possible, but I think that if your spouse is abusive he needs to prove to you that he's changed and you shouldn't trust that he's changed immediately.

Answer by haleykarson at 10:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think only if the person want to. They can only do it on their own. But I wouldn't stay with an abusive man even if he says he has changed. They all say that then WHAM they go back hitting again. I say find out if he really changed at a distance.

Answer by louise2 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• first what is WHAM mean? and we are separated and plan on stating that way till further notice. i obtained a lawyer just in case.. im skeptical about the whole far he been doing ok but im not going to rush back into the relationship

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• ok duh i figured out wham i read it wrong sorry

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2008