Does anyone know how to REALLY get rid of dandruff??

i have always had dandruff, but lately it is so bad. if i run my hand through my hair i can see the dandruff falling out. i use anti-dandruff shampoo and i don't put any product in my hair. my scalp is so itchy i feel like screaming!! any suggestions???

ajs16919

Asked by ajs16919 at 3:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You may have another condition. Have you been checked by a dermatologist? Sometimes people can have psoraisis only in their hair. Others can have a fungus that makes skin cells turn over faster than most. Don't shampoo your hair everyday. Try every other day or if you can every two days to help the oil self moisturize the scalp. Some people have gone 30 days with just rinsing the hair with water when they have the fungus and their dandruff went away. I don't know if I could do that but I guess if I had that condition I might. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and hope it works.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 3:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree with DDWay
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 4:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Sometimes people get Dandruff confused with Severe Dry scalp or Psoraisis. Dandruff shampoos are only going to make it worse.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• LOOK UP SOME VITAMINS AND CHECK YOUR DIET. HEAD AND SHOULDERS DANDRUFF SHAMPOO SHOULD WORK.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Here is a shampoo you will not find in the stores! Its awesome! Great for damaged hair,dry scalp and so on ..check it out: hope this hlps! I use the satinique moisturizing shampoo and it makes my hair look sooo healthy! I get compliments all the time! makes hair glowing! Gentle Daily Hair Cleanser
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Actually anti-dandruff shampoos are not good. Get some hair and scalp cholesterol. It should be by the hair products in a big container. Rub it into your scalp, massage for about 5 minutes and let it sit with a warm towel around it for 20 minutes. Then shampoo and condition. Or go to your local beauty school or salon and get a scalp treatment- which is what I just described doing. ( They are very relaxing) :-) Also switch to regular shampoo and conditioner. Make sure to rinse extremely well followed by a cool rinse..... Try that for a few weeks and you should see great improvement.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011