Sharp pains "down there" adult content

Im 38 weeks, and having really sharp pains in my girl parts. They hurt badly. What is this??

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 3:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This is the baby moving into the pelvic girdle. Or into birthing position. If you're 38 wks start looking for discharge that's thick and has some blood in it. Doesn't have to be a lot of blood. This is your bloody show which I'm sure you are aware of already. I'm meantioning it because of the sharp pains. If they get worse get checked as soon as possible. You could be dialating already as well. Good luck and hang in there. Won't be long now.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 3:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I was getting sharp pains down there too and my OBGYN told me it was cervical contractions
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 3:50 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• OMG my son used to kill me after he went head down (birthing position) im 4'11 he was a 9lb baby! sometime i couldnt even walk. at 38weeks i would def say that you are getting pain because his head is pushing on your pelvis and you are probaly experiencing some braxton hicks contractions...if you feel like the contractions are getting stronger and evenly spaced out and getting closer the call your doc or go to the hospital you may be in labor
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 5:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I'm in the same boat that you are. Over the past few days I've had increased pressure and a lot of sharp pains down there. I'm assuming baby has dropped into place for birth which could mean labor will be soon or some time in the next few weeks :( I have my 38 week check up today, I'm gonna talk to my doc bout it. I can get back to you and let you know what he says after if you want me to.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2011