What do you consider to be cheating?

Some consider cheating to be kissing someone else while you are in a relationship, married or otherwise.

Some consider it to be cheating if you flirt with someone else while you are in a relationship.

Some consider it to be cheating only if you actually have sex with someone else while you are in a relationship.

Some consider it to be cheating if you text or talk or email others while you are in a relationship. (to this I say, it depends on what they're talking about.)

Some consider it to be cheating if you think about another person in a sexual manner, as in fantasizing about what it would be like to have sex with them.

And, some consider cheating to be having feelings for someone else who is not your SO.

What do I consider to be cheating?

Cheating is anything you wouldn't do if your SO was around.

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 3:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• If you look on some to lust after them you have sinned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would consider all of the above cheating. You can have just an emotional affair and be cheating.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 5:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree with your definition, Chavela Carlita.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Cheating to me is anything that I wouldn't tell my SO about, or that I wouldn't want him to know about.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:50 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree with you Chavela Carlita
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thank you ladies for your answers on this! I just read so many questions about somebody cheating on somebody else and I don't get it at all. I don't understand why anyone would want to hurt anyone else in that way, I think it's better to hurt them by leaving them than by cheating on them with someone else. Not that it's okay to hurt someone at all, but I mean if you wanna be with someone else then go be with someone else, just break it off with your current SO first!!!

My boyfriend and I have been agreed on this since the beginning. There will be no cheating in this relationship. Honestly, if he did end up doing something I don't know what I'd do, I'd be so mad, lol. 

chavela_carlita

Comment by chavela_carlita (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2011