Legalize It! adult content

Anyone else for the legalization of weed?

I am a smoker..though never in front of the kiddies. I like to smoke after they are in bed and i am cuddled up on the couch with DH watching a movie. It relaxes me.

Personally i am against alcohol. Me an DH very rarely drink and when we do its maybe 2 beers each or a cocktail. I have heard countless storied and have had many experiences with people who drink getting out of like. Angry drunks and so forth..I have never heard of an angry pot head! Pot heads (at least every single one that i have met) are generally happy and laid back. We are too lazy to get angry lol. Well maybe if you steal our cheetoes..lol just kidding. Plus it has proven medical uses. I say legalize it!! Also, the pot industry brings in several billion dollars a year. If America were to legalize it, the profits from weed alone could get our country out of debt and improve the economy in just a few years. Far sooner then anything we are doing now. Thoughts?

MonkeyMommyNJ

Asked by MonkeyMommyNJ at 3:50 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I honestly don't care if it's legal or not. If it were legal, I still wouldn't smoke it. I personally don't like to smoke, but know people that do. I consider it the same thing as alcohol. No better or no worse. The only benefit I have seen from pot is when they use it to make pills to help with pain management. We had a family friend that had terminal cancer and while he was in great pain, he wanted to spend the last days of his life aware of the people at his beside (which wouldn't be possible with morphine). It was a saving grace for him to spend his last moments with his loved ones and being able to talk with them.  In the same respect, I still see it as a controlled substance and if legalized it should still be illegal to drive under the influence (like alcohol).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Who has proven it? People can grow their own. How would the government benefit from that? The reason that marijuana brings in so much money right now is b/c it is illegal. But if everyone who wanted to smoke it could legally grow it in their own backyard then that would be revenue lost.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 6:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• How can they tax something they can't control? My friends sad use to grow it in it bedroom closet. Just a small plant. But if it were legal he could be free to have a whole pot garden of his own and sell to anyone he wants, after all, he is selling legal produce. I have no doubt that one day it will become legal. That doesn't mean I have to support it.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 6:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• yep, tax the crap out of it just like they do other vices.
    sidenote observation: it makes me giggle to see pro-weed/users lift themselves higher (?) than alcohol-users. or is that just my eyesight? plus..
    ''If America were to legalize it, the profits from weed alone could get our country out of debt and improve the economy in just a few years.''

..were you smoking when you wrote that?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Hehe...."tax the crap out of it". Oh yah.
    No, if everyone smokes pot and "they are too lazy to get angry". Ha. That would be he ONE AND ONLY benefit of smoking pot. I don't need to relax that way---I read a good book or do a crossword puzzle or get a lot of exercise by walking. I know some pot smokers. YES they are lazy. YThey can't get a college degree--they are too lazy to study and they are happy with fast food jobs and manual labor where they don't have to think. Is this what we want from our country? And we are already behind educationally/....not a good thing.But,if you guys smoke 'em,try to concentrate while driving. Its just the same as driving after a couple of beers. Good luck but let me know so I won't be on the roads when you are. :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• i am not for legalizing weed. only because the government would start adding a bunch of crap to it (much like ciggarettes). and it would be addicting and unhealthy, again like cigarrettes. BUT in Amsterdam and other areas it has been "de-criminalized". which means that you can go into certain designated business (i.e. small coffee shops) and buy and enjoy upto a certain amount. also if you are caught on the street there, you won't get arrested but you will get fined. so i am all for the de-criminalization of weed. i don't get why ciggarettes and alchohol are legal and weed isnt. they are just as, if not more harmful that weed,
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 4:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Why do people say that legalizing marijuana would get our country out of debt and help the economy? I have seen this several times. Was there actual research from a scientific institute on this or just a user who want to see it legalized? Decriminalization....possibly. Legalization....I don't think so,
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 5:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• because Hollybobolly they can tax the crap out of it and all that money can go to the Goverment. I think it should be legal too. It will sometime, its not as harmless as some people think.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I know people can grow it themselves, but I think if it were legal fewer people would. It's convience thing, why grow it if you can walk down the corner store and get it? Think about how many people could have a garden that don't. Personally, though, I think if they legalize it they should tax the crap out of it and send that extra money to our failing school systems.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• "I have never heard of an angry pot head! Pot heads (at least every single one that i have met) are generally happy and laid back"

Then you've never worked in an ER. There are plenty of people who get out of control, or worse they become completely altered and lose conciousness, because they smoked some weed that was laced with something else. They had no clue what was in it. Sometimes, it's not even laced with anything, but for some reason, after years of smoking it, they start having bad experiences with it. It's not pretty, and it's not happy.

Anyway, weed's legal for medical purposes here. I don't really care either way, but if you lealize it completely, then where do you draw the line? All the crack-heads will demand that crack be legal, and then the meth users will demand that meth become legal. They will find "proof" that it's all harmless, blah, blah, blah....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2011