Need a legit work from home job

So I know there are tons of people trying to advertise their home businesses but they are all so questionable. I have tried in the past and spent well over $500 on different home based business stuff. Everything I tried was either a scam or a pyramid money making thing. I use ebay but would like something different. Please only post if you have a legit recomendation that you have actually made money from.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Not only have I made $$, I have helped others get little bits to reward them for "shopping" AND THIS HAS IMPROVED MY HEALTH--asthma & fibromyalgia--AS WELL AS HELPED OTHERS w/ asthma & chemical sensitivities. I haven't made tons of $$ yet, but that's mostly my fault. Let me know if you want to know more...
    Sue

owner of MySilverLiningOnline
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 4:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Do you have a skill you can do for a business? Like sewing to do alterations, home dec, drapes, etc? I do work at Amazon's Mechanical Turk. It is not tons of money but every bit helps while I look for another part time job. I only do the taks that pay at least 40 cents. Google it and you can check it out.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I have several friends who have worked with LiveOps (http://www.liveops.com) taking phone calls from home. It's mostly taking orders for infomercials.

Direct Sales is a legitimate industry, but it is a business opportunity, not a job. I have personally made a bit of money from my direct sales business, but it's directly tied to how much effort I put into it.
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 1:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I have something very legitimate, and I make GREAT money (FT income from home) and it so happens that there are soo many major things happening with Pre Paid Legal Services right now I am offering Just 3 people the opportunity to save 149.00 and have ME BUY THEIR business kit...Id love to help you too..and honestly its been around 39 years and listed with FORBES in the top 100 business list...if it were a scam why would I be helping people like THAT out of pocket!! Msg me if you want info~
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Direct sales are personally my thing. The Reason I went with Scentsy is because when you research businesses with the word scam, they normally come up with hundreds of former consultants complaining and when you search Scentsy scam, it's mostly third party reviews of people trying to use the business to promote their business and even their reviews are pretty positive. You do make an extra income from what your recruits do. I call it working smarter, not harder. In these types of businesses, your downline is the residual income. Scentsy does great at making the focus about the products though. Which it is where it should be. you can check the Information out under the join tab of www.Wicklesswithnickless.com
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 11:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• You should check out Beyond Mothers at www.beyondmothers.com to search for Jobs and view Work at Home opportunities.
    Singlemomma555

Answer by Singlemomma555 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2011