How Long Do Dates Last?

My GD is 19yrs.old, she has been on a date now for 3 days. She won't call me,she lives with me but she called my son to say shes alright, She has a small child that she sent to stay with her ex. while she is gone who is not the father. I am very uncomfortable with this whole situation, do you have any advice as to how i should handle this or do you think i;m over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• That's a romantic weekend away with a serious boyfriend, not a date! If she didn't tell you ahead of time that she planned to be gone that long, yes, I'd be worried too. I would definitely talk to her when she gets home and tell her this isn't cool. She may be an adult, but living in your home, it's common courtesy if nothing else to make you aware of her plans to be gone for extended times like this so you don't worry.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• That's not a date, that's a Lost Weekend! A date is a trip to the movies and a cheeseburger, not an event one should need fresh scanties and a toothbrush in the middle of. I hope she's okay too. You should tell her how concerned you were once she gets back.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• A "date" surely does not last 3 days!!!!!!!! Unless they have gone away for a weekend or something but I wouldnt call that a date. I can understand your uncomfortable with it, I think I would be too if I was in that situation, is your GD a responsible girl? I hope the person she left her child with is, she is living with you so you do have a right to talk to her about you feeling uncomfortable with that happening while she is staying with you.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• A date doesn't even last one night, that's going into a whole new territory. She's legally an adult so she doesn't have to check in with you, but if she were living in my home this would not be allowed.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:42 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• That's not a date! A date is generally 4 hours-ish... I wouldn't put up with that kid of behaviour in my house.
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2011