• In the Spotlight:

OMG WHAT?!?

Have you ever missed out on something significant because you called in or showed up late? I wasnt feeling up to par on Friday. Not so much sick but just that run over by a truck feeling. So I called into work and let them know I wouldnt be in. And who shows up? Justin Timberlake and Jessica Beale on their private jet. (I work for an air ambulance company and next to our office is a runway) My friends I work with got pictures with Justin! WHAT?!? What did you miss out on?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I had promised a friend to go to their party, so when I didn't get the day off as I requested, I switched with my girlfriend. She comes to me the next night and is talking to me like I have already heard the story, telling me "I didn't know who that guy was. Everyone was making so much fun of me!!!" I finally get it out of her that she was waiting on this guy at table 23 and everyone was turning around and whispering and staring and one of the tables asked her if she got his autograph yet. She had no idea he was Emmitt Smith, former Dallas Cowboys football star, in Flagstaff, AZ for pre-season training for the AZ Cardinals.... Awesome... And my great Aunt, who is basically my favorite Grandma, and I were both HUGE Cowboys fans...Yup, that sucked.
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 12:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Wow! I'm sure JT won't be rollin in where I work! LOL Don't have to worry about missing out on something like that. I know you hate you missed that, though. I would.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• For fans of those people I am sure you would be terribly sad, I am sorry that you missed the opportunity to see him!! Me on the other hand, I think he is a conceited butthole and I really wouldn't care less.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i called in one day just to play hookie and turns out my boss treated everyone to lunch and a movie! yea...i was upset...but i called in and wasnt even sick so i had it coming i guess.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I hate even being late to work because I just know I'm going to miss some sort of excitement.

OF COURSE, our excitement around the office tends to be bagels from the "good" deli....
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I missed pinkeye!!! I was 'called out' of work cuz I'd been exposed to RSV (worked in a daycare then) and couldn't be around the babies.. well I was out for a week to clear the chance of exposure, and the next week half the kids were out with pinkeye!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• LOL anonymous @ 9:53A.M. Dec.16. Now that was funny. But to lovineveryday I hate you missed the excitement that won't happen to me unless they stroll into my kids school to help me with PTO or Girl scouts or possibly there plane hits my house, but what are the odds of that.

Supermomlp

Answer by Supermomlp at 11:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• =O

*cries for you*
    I would've absolutely died in your situation. I'm a lifelong Justin fan >:)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Nah, I never miss anything amazing LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I've only called in like twice ever. I called in sick once and got stung by a bee... I have a sensitivity which means I couldn't put my pants on because I was too swolen. I got stung on the hip.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2008