Do comments like these aggrevate you?

There was a post yesterday that asked if moms ever tasted there babies formula. The comments that irritated me the most were the ones like"WHY WOULD YOU FEED YOUR BABY SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULDN'T EAT." That is ridiculous. I personally am a very picky picky eater. I don't eat tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, mustard, and the list could go on and on. My husband on the other hand east almost anything and likes it. So just because i don't like something are you saying that i souldn''t give it to my child so she has the option at liking something nutritious for her. Just because i dont like it doesn't mean she wont. .....and for the moms who are so quick to judge the moms for feeding there kids formula, there may be one day when YOU cannot breast feed for some reason. Are you going to talk crap about yourself? Do ridiculous comments like that bother you or is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hate milk, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't feed it to my babies. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 10:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes they do, good for you for saying something.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am super picky too and my DH is not. I hate fish and seafood but I want my daughter to grow up liking all types of foods. I don't want her to be like me.
    MeeShee

Answer by MeeShee at 10:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• But, you've tried lettuce, tomato, mayo, etc. Why would you let your kid eat something that you won't even TRY? That's how I feel.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes, i have tried them all. You won't know if you like it unless you TRY it. That was my point. I tried the formula, and i didn't like it. But my daughter eats it just fine. And there would be comment s like "they only eat it to survive". I thought that was rediculous to. They have different taste buds that us. To them that may taste good. There a lots of things that taste nasto to me that other people love. All of those dumb comments were from the breast feeding advocates, that thing formula feeding is cruel or something. Its people like that that irritate me. When truth be told, all those moms, may not even really breast feed themselves. They may just be saying that to bash on someone else. You never really know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well who the hell would drink baby formula anyway but a baby? That comment is funny.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Oh my goodness that is so silly. If you are unfortunate enough to not be able to breastfeed your newborn baby, the ONLY other thing you can give your baby is formula. What the hell is it supposed to taste like? Chocolate ice cream?? The whole point of it isn't to taste wonderful, it is to feed your baby. Jesus. Some people make me insane. I am also a very picky eater, but I don't enforce my habits on my son. Actually if I am making him try something I try it with him, even if it is something that I can barely choke down. My husband gets a kick out of it. One time he was rolling on the floor laughing because the taste of whole milk makes me puke and my son was feeding me his milk. It was so gross and I did everything I could to not vomit all over my son!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yea they bother me, and to be honest ive tried some formula, but as far as i know breast mild doesnt taste all that good either. (i could be wrong ive never tried it myself) i tried it on accident but stilli tried it...and my daughter who use to love the shit out of formula, who took foreer to get off it becuase she loved it so much, now hates it...she tried some of her bros milk and ddint like it
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Um ... I did formula feed one of my children, but I'm not stupid enough to deny that formula is a lousy product and should only be used in cases of extreme need. If you needed it, of course it's better than starvation, but be honest with yourself that it's still not the optimal CHOICE for the average baby. Certain risks are associated with formula use. Yes, most babies fed formula will be just fine, but many will not. The number who don't do well on formula is much higher than the number of infants who have problems on breastmilk. It's a gamble. You're gambling that your baby wont be that one in a thousand that has a problem. The odds are in your favor that your child will turn out just fine, but when you're that one in a thousand who wasn't, it sucks like hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• the thing that bothered me was when I posted about homemade formula. I had people telling me I was being selfish not giving her breastmilk. I also had people telling me that nothing I made could be as good as the powder formula in stores. Hello have you heard the news lately? I'd rather not chance my baby having those toxins in her body! And my formula is BETTER than the store kind cuz i actually researched the ingredients and know EVERYTHING that is going into it! Oh.. and then there's my fav.. why don't you just buy donor milk.. ummmmm... no thanks if its breastmilk that didn't come outta my breast then there's no way its going into my daughter's stomach.. and yeah I have the $5 per OUNCE to spend on donor milk..
    I mean yeah.. they're decent ideas..but why do people have to make you feel bad about doing what you think is best for your child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2008