almost 6 mos.

Okay so when i first started feeding my DD solids when she was 4 mos i went overboard. She now gets 1 tbls cereal and 1 tbls fruit for breakfast and a 4 oz bottle. Then bottles all day and for dinner she gets 2 tblsp cereal 1tbls fruit and 1 tblsp veg (if she eats taht mnuch) along with her bottle. I always give bottles first because i know formula is still her primary source of nutrition. and then whatever solids she eats is whatever. anyways, she will be 6 mos old on monday and she is more hungry. Where should i add more food. Should i add 1 tblsp veg for lunch or something? Im not quite sure. And now when she is 6mos she will start getting juice and more solids....Whats a good feeding schedule for a 6 mos old??? Im a new mom and im torn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our Dr has a schedule of cereal and a fruit, the whole container for breakfast a whole container of fruit and veggie at lunch and veggie and cereal at dinner. The whole container unless she wouldn't take it. Add that with all her regular bottles. That's how we did it.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm a new mom too and I am sorta just going with the flow. I feed DD cereal in the morning, fruit at lunch and veggies and meat for dinner. She is 7 and a half months. If she seems hungry still I just give her more. I don't measure. I also breastfeed her in between and give her bottles as I am trying to wean her.
    I think you should do what you think is right. Every child is different. If she still seems hungry, give her more food. They don't need solids until a year old anyways. This is sorta just preparing them ya know.
    MeeShee

Answer by MeeShee at 10:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• as long as formula is still her primary source your all good. sounds like you have it uder more control then you give yourself criedt for
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• it sounds like your doing fine. At 6 months she should be able to eat a whole jar of babyfood and some more cereal. I used to make about 4-5 tbsp of cereal and mix with a 1/2 jar fruit in the morning.. finish the fruit jar at lunch, and a jar of veggies and cereal at night around that age when my niece was that age. We'll be a little behind that with my daughter, but she's 5 months and just starting solids
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2008