10 yr old

I think mine is very immuture. He wants everyone to do everything for him, he whins alot. ex. He'll ask for a drink and if we say get it yourself he says "I am not thirsty".. cause he doesn't want to get up. He is consently yelling and wild, and wrestles with everyone he sees (playful fight). My mil in law thinks he has something wrong and said I should get his head looked at, he has adhd and is on meds. I am starting to think my mil is telling me my son is retarded I DON'T LIKE OR USE THIS WORD!!!. He goes to the doctors and the doctors say it is just his age. he does good in school, just passed 4th grade with A&Bs. He doesn't have many friends and I think it is cause of how he acts. I worry about him going into the 5th grade. Can others tell me what there 4th grader does so I can compare (this is for boys!). Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It's the ADHD. My son was like that. It gets better with age, but he still is a bit like that. He's 16 now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• As long as he has a BEST friend I don't think you should be concern about him having MANY friends. Is he the only child? Only children tend to be a little bit spoiled. :)
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My 10 year old (just turn 10) is helpful, polite, and caring. Sure he has his moments that he "fights" with his sister and cousin, but for the most part he is "good" boy. To give you an example. Last Friday we were at Walmart and my husband said we should get some bottle water (we were going to the beach). I said we should get the case of water seeing it's cheaper then the individuals and went to get the case...son went with me and ran ahead some. He grabbed the case. I offer to take it, but he told me no he carried it all the way back to the other side of the store where DH was and gave it to DH. I heard him say, "Thanks Dad it was heavy". I piped up and I said I could of cared it, to which my son replied "I know mom, but you're a lady and I'm a guy and guys carry heavy things for ladies.". My son also gets his own drinks, food, etc. Sometimes he'll ask for certain things and if I say yes he'll get it himself.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My son will also be in 5th grade this fall.....
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011