Do you gain weight over the summer while "treating" your children with extra daily snacks?

BlogWithMom

Asked by BlogWithMom at 7:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• yes but remember snacking throughout the day is more healthy than eating 3 huge meals
    so continue eating healthy snacks if you want but cut down on the meals i suppose
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Nope, I actually loose weight in the summer. When I'm super hot I can't stand to eat, so most summer days I eat very little and drink a lot of water.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I'm the same as scout_mom. I enjoy getting my "summer weight" - it's fall and winter that I tend to bulk up. With the holidays, comfy food EVERYWHERE and it being so dark and cold outside, I just like to sit indoors and eat!!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I also lose weight despite occasional ice creams and treats. We are a lot more active, I LOVE the summer produce, we grill our meats constantly, I cant stand to eat heavy meals when it is so hot, etc. It makes it easy to lose weight.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No, but DS doesn't get extra treats. I do have a harder time working out because of the heat, so I have to get up even earlier to get out for my runs before the heat sets in.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:32 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No. I find that we eat a lot more fresh produce during the warmer months.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:42 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No, DD doesn't get anything different during the summer. I gain weight in the summer because it's harder for me to work out. Last year, and once this spring when it first got hot, I passed out while working out in front of my AC because I overheated. I can't even do yoga late at night in front of the AC without getting light headed from heat.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2011