• In the Spotlight:

What is love to you?

How do you KNOW that you love your spouse (SO) or that your spouse (SO) loves you?

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I know he loves me because he stayed with me through some severe health problems. I know because he does miserable jobs around the house that need to be done and never complains.

I know I love him because I feel that he is a part of me. When he is away I feel incomplete. I have a feeling of love whenever he walks through the door.

Answer by Bmat at 10:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Everyone always says "You just know" and I never understood that until I "just knew"
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i guess thats right you just know but when your in love your life will change in every way
    Timmys_Mommy07

Answer by Timmys_Mommy07 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Love to me is a combinationof things. You have to like the person, like a friend like. You have to care deeply for the person. And you have to have that feeling that you never want to live with out this person.

How do you know your Spouse/ SO loves you. That's a hard one,cause you really never completely know how much they love you. You hope they love you as much as you love them.

Answer by louise2 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• bc even though we cant always get our sh!t together, we will never get to that point that enough is enough.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I say yes to everyones reasons. If they are there for you with out asking. If they stop and buy you the one thing that you need from the store on a night that is so icy that you hope they get home. And you know that you love them when you will do anything for them. When you will get up at 4:30 in the morning to make lunch for them and get upset when you sleep through getting up then you know that it is love!!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 10:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We respect eachother in every aspect of the word. We listen to the other, protect one and other.
    Trust....we do not doubt eachother. We treat eachother the way we want to be treated.
    We are not perfect but perfect for eachother.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We are silly together, we laugh at stupid things together, we are always teasing eachother and making jokes about eachother and we can still laugh it off and love to do it. We don't always have to be around eachother, we take our time apart so that the time we have together is so much more precious to us! I think its love because no matter how bad things get I know we are still in love and will never bail on eachother. We are best friends!!!!
    Anonymous

• I know because there isn't anyone else I could see myself with. I know he is my soulmate..it's just a feeling you have..I know he loves me because he tells me constantly and goes out of his way to put me first and do things to make me happy. He has changed..adapted..and grown into the man that loves me unconditionally. I look past his faults and know that nothing he might say or do would change my love for him.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• the ladies above are right.. the best one is you'll just know. Ya, i always wondered with different guys is this love or not. The minute i got with my current SO i just knew without asking myself if it was or not. You will never have to question it and you'll never want to because you know that what you have is far better than anything you could ever experience. It's like you've given your heart and soul to this person and the minute they walk into the room you're emotions go wild. There is nobody in the entire world you'd rather have walk through that door. When your together it still feels like you can never get close enough... and something i've found very frustrating is when you say I love you, it never seems like it means enough..no amount of words you could ever say to them could ever come close to expressing how you feel.
    Anonymous