Don't you believe if they will do it with you, they will do it to you?

Cheating that is...
My brother's ex girlfriend is bashing him all over FB for leaving her and their 6 year old daughter to be with someone else. But he was married when they met with a 12 year old daughter.
My only response to all of her bashing, was what made you think that you were so special, if he would cheat on his WIFE with you, what would make him not cheat on his GIRL FRIEND with someone else.

Oh I don't think he is right, and have privately told him that. But she shouldn't be devistated, what did she think she was getting in to?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes definitely. I always wonder what makes the girlfriend think she's so special that SHE won't be the one cheated on.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It's been said that the human need to rationalize is greater than the need to procreate, my thoughts are that such people have spun themselves a fancy tale in order to rationalize the relationship and part of it addresses why they're the special entity who can get him to keep it in his pants. And people don't like to feel stupid, so as soon as it's all revealed as smoke and mirrors, they lash out because they don't enjoy knowing that they engineered their own downfall, hence yet more rationalization.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Couldnt have said it better myself :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• How often this happens! And you are right momma!
    yesmaam

• Settling down with a mistress is a good sign he has moral issues.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• What goes around comes around,what comes to you comes from you.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I think that too , but then I realize I was in another relationship when I got with my husband ... but we have been together for 28 years and an affiar of any kind is the farthest thing from my mind , even if a time came when i didnt want to be with him any longer, I still have enough respect that i wouldnt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yeah even if she knew it was going to happen she did not believe it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• IMO, yes, she knew what she was signing up for, but that probably doesn't make betrayal hurt any less. Try not to be too judgmental, be supportive of her if you can be, and tell your brother what a rat ba$tard he is for being such a tom cat.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• She is reaping what was sewn.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2011