OMG, how could peope even think like that...

This past week we had a tragedy in our small town... a 19 year old boy and his 16 year old girlfriend was in a car accident that also involved a newly married 21 year old couple...

All of them died except the 19 year old boy -- who was drunk and had smoked weed shortly before driving... in fact he wasnt hurt at all... he got our of the car by himself, sat on the guardrail with his arms crossed until someone came over to him....

These young people lost their lives and their families destroyed , the boy isnt that phased obviously since he has been on facebook and even seen out and about since this happened -- his mom saying it isnt his fault because his father did drugs ( and that she didnt have a right to make her son not do them if he seen his father do it) ...

and the sick part is.....TONS and TONS of people saying they hope HE is ok, saying they will pray for HIM to be alright, facebook messages saying things like " prayers going out to *him* and his family" .... but yet you can barely find anything about the sorrow for the people who actually died, or their families ...

what the heck is wrong here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I have not seen the comments or heard the whole story. So kind of hard to draw a comclusion. I will say I despise drunk drivers.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• well if the boy is out partying less than a week later... that says a whole lot about his remorse and state of mind.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Way too much is wrong with it. I will say I am sorry for anyone who has to go through such trauma. But, hey, take responsibility for causing the trauma in the first place. God Bless EVERYONE involved in that tragice situation.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It's a lack of empathy and the fact that people devalue life so much. It happens all over.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Or he could fill so much guilt he is burying it in drugs and alcohol. I am not defending him at all. Just saying I have not heard, or seen, all of this so...
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• People are probably glad he lived and just because he is acting normal in your eyes doesnt mean he is behind closed doors. It can take weeks or months before someone comes to terms and realizes what happened and their responsibility in the situation. We all have various coping skills and our minds can block things out for a reason.

Answer by gemgem at 9:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• This certainly appears to be an unbalanced and perversely twisted situation. But, you know, we really can't say how that young man is feeling. Seeing him out and about on and offline doesn't mean he doesn't care. He survived. His life has to carry on. What is did was criminally thoughtless and BAD! Seeing him in torment could never give any justice to the victims though. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 9:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• i dont mean it just that he is ok.. it is mostly how other people are acting... I think it is so unfair, I mean how he feels or not he killed them, he got drunka nd high and he killed them... and yet people are treating him as a victim and barely even mentioning the others...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I don't have any sympathy for him, as he chose to smoke weed, drink and then drive. His selfish and irresponsible actions cost lives! He is NOT the victim, his gf, the newlyweds and their families are!! My heart and prayers go out to the families of the 3 victims. I also hope that boy is made to face up to what he did, and that he has 'consequences' for his actions.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The people who died in the car are as responsible for their own fate as he is. If they were high and drunk any one of them could have caused the same accident if they were sober they they were stupid to trust him to drive. People who abuse substances are morons and usually don't have the capacity to realize what the real consequences to their actions are. Until he gets treatment it is unlikely he will stop partying or care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011