Kraft Dinner

When you make it, do you just make it the way the box says all the time? Or do you sometimes "spice it up"? If so, what do you change/add?

I remember once, my ex (my son's dad) made us Kraft Dinner when we were young and drinking (long before I got pregnant of course) - he had added nacho cheese (like the kind you dip chips in), ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, bacon bits, a little bit of hot sauce, and maybe one or two other things - it was DELICIOUS. Of course we had a similar mix once after that time, when we were sober, and it was quite as good... but still a little different.
Last night I made it with a little ranch and honey garlic BBQ sauce mixed in, as well as some chopped up hot dogs. My roommate didn't really notice the difference, but I did.

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I ALWAYS doctor it up. When my son got older and started to make it on his own, he kept asking "why is yours better?" LOL I add extra cheese, garlic powder, sometimes hot dogs or ham.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My son is Autistic so I can't 'mis it up' any more... I accidentally bought the white cheddar kind and wow...
    anyway. Before he was born we used to mix sour cream and hot sauce in it. Some times salsa. It is also good with ground beef mixed in it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:42 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• my hubby likes to add shredded cheese and spices. never would have thought to add bbq or honey and such humm :-)
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• we spice it up for the adults and leave it for the kiddos.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• What's Kraft Dinner?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Why would I feed my family toxic waste?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011