Should I have a 4th ?

Really torn! I am 36 with 3 great kids. Work FT. Hubby will have to get vasectomy reversed to do this. He's willing.

melicovas

Asked by melicovas at 9:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• we can't answer that for you, that is a decision only you and DH can make
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If you can afford it and you have a happy secure marriage I see no reason why not if that is what you both want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• We can't answer that for you, but if you have reservations, maybe that's your subconscious telling you 3 is enough.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Hmm yeah I dunno.. I agonized like this over the 3rd and it's all been fine. The biggest difference this time would be that the oldest would be almost 8 when/ if #4 came. And yes, of course this is a decision only me and husband can make... of COURSE. But want some input and not really wanting to share the thoughts w/ family/ friends yet.
    melicovas

Comment by melicovas (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• lol! This was out situation. My hubby had his snip reversed and I caught within 2 months. It was the best decision ever! I have since had a welcomed 'accident baby' too (so be careful after wards ;0). Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 9:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Womanhood.. your answer brought tears to my eyes and gave me chills. I get preg easily as well so if we do it, odds are it'll "take" Then again.. if it doesnt I will have to be prepared for that. What are your kids' age gaps?
    melicovas

Comment by melicovas (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• This is really between you and your dh. Why did he get snipped in the first place? Had it been a mutual decision to stop at 3? Were there other determining factors? Things to consider.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If you and hubby want a 4th baby I say go for it! :) children are such a blessing.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I think children are wonderful and everyone should have as many as they want. But if you are working full-time, I would question as to why you would want another child. Think of all the time that you are away from that child and they are being raised by someone else between day care and school. Is it that YOU want to be a mother or just that it's fun for a while to have a baby? It's one thing when there is no choice, but you do have a choice to raise a new child or not. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2011