Cant anything ever go right just once!

Having a really annoyed day already today & its only 9:30 am! Got coffee brewing now bc I hope that fixs my mood somewhat.

Last night fireworks show where we were at had to be held off until tonight bc of fog. We however, drove a distance to get to that towns 4th of july events (we have family there). The area we live in didnt have any weather issues & all the towns around us shot off their fireworks last night. So Unless I want to drive an hour tonight then no show. My 3yo is a bit upset at the no fireworks last night thing but she did see fireworks the other night when our towns raceway shot off their yearly fireworks show so its not like she didnt see any recently.

Today we are venturing into potty training yet again. She decided she wants to not wear diapers, fine. Wake up take off her diaper put her on potty, she dosent do anything. Get undies on then slip on plastic undies over it she cries for a moment about the plastic then pees into her undies all within 60seconds of getting off the potty. Change her & she goes to watch some cartoon. 20-30mins later I ask if she needs to go potty she says yes so sit her on toilet, nothing happens. Get her down pull up her undies & the plastic she cries again about the plastic. Walks out to livingroom & pees in her undies again! WTF really really!!!!!!!!

My house is a disaster from this weekends stuff. We have been super busy & people have been in & out so its such a huge friggin' mess. Car isnt unpacked from last night bc it was so late when we got in I got to bed & was out in seconds.

ARG hope your post 4th morning is going a heck of a lot better then ours!

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Our 4th was really dull. We are in a drought area so there is a burn ban in effect. No fireworks anywhere near us. We did a ton of work in the yard over the weekend so we were both exhauysted and the kids were bouncing off the walls yesterday.

I feel your pain on the training. We are also trying to potty train our youngest with no results. She will sit on the potty and do nothing then less than 5 minutes after she gets up she pees in her training pants. It's beyond frustrating. I'm wondering if I need to shelve the idea for later.

wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Sorry!! Send you hugs!! Hope your day goes better! :))
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thank you. I would love some rain and good results with the potty! lol I have a feeling I will be doing this when she is 3 as well. She is just over 2 and takes off her diapers so I figured might as well start training. With her brother it was easy. He was full trained by 3 but she is stubborn.

Good luck to you. Enjoy your coffee and I hope your day gets better :)
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• *exhausted* I guess this is Monday for me instead of Tuesday.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• This is our 3 or 4 time trying to potty train. We ended up having to shelf the issue for a while as well, this is us coming around to it again. I just cant believe that within an hour of trying again we've had two incidents arg. She is 3 1/2 going to be 4 in december. She continues to ask why she has to wear diapers & we constantly have convos on the subject. Still nothing. *sigh* sorry that you are on a ban & in a drought, hope you get some rain soon & progress in potty training too!
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Maybe the coffee will help your day. Potty training can be so stressful. Sorry the fireworks were moved.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• group hugWe hear you Mom. We hear you.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Since misery likes company, I'll tell you in brief about my weekend. It should make you feel better because yours is trivial to mine. My 2nd oldest DDs birthday was yesterday. Had a party Saturday night for her. Everything was fine. For the millionth time she spent the morning arguing with my 8 year old. She's moving out of state the end of the month. She thinks this is her house and I should raise my daughter like she raises her children. i'm older with more experience and have already done the "norm" thing and saw the pitfalls. I'm not stupid anymore. So I told her to ask her sister if she could stay with her until she moves. She pays no rent and doesn't help out. I was at my end but trying to hold off for another couple of weeks. So other DD comes over, they both gang up on me I throw them both out of the house for disrespecting me and now I can't see any of my grandkids again. I'll take the wet panties anyday
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• """"HUGS""""" Hope it goes better! My little man was scared to death at the fireworks his grandpa shot off and screamed till we found a way to mute out the noises for him...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 11:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I hope you are feeling better today.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 12:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011