Being ignored

When my boyfriend gets upset he don't answer the phone. I won't hear from him for days but I continue to call over and over because I hate when somebody ignores me. Do you think calling him over and over is excessive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes it is excessive. Blow him off for once.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yes it's excessive, but your BF going off the grid for days at a time is rude and indicates a lack of respect for you. Either talk it out and agree how to give each other space (and discuss what he's doing when he ignores you), or call it quits and find someone that can have an adult relationship without stomping off and pouting.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yes, you may find that if you don't call him at all that one of two things happens- either he assumes you have someone else and shrugs it off, or he assumes you aren't playing his game and he decides you are interesting and someone he wants to know better. Don't call and call- it makes you look weak.

Answer by Bmat at 10:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• That's just it, I would rather him tell me that he needs space but he always shut down and just ignore me. Nothing irritates me more than being ignored because if I don't want to be bothered with someone I will tell them just that. I don't understand his thought process. After not hearing from him for days he will text me instead of calling me. (so impersonal)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• He knows it gets to you. That is why he does it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It's crazy though because he is 29 and I am 22. Why do we have to play games when we are grown and should be acting like it. It is really hard to fight the urge of wanting to call or text because I just want to know the answer to why and he won't talk.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Way excessive. He could at least call and say that he's sulking or in a bad mood and needs some alone time. Blowing people off is not cool at all.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• @rio I totally agree, it is so rude to just ignore someone especially someone you claim to love. I just don't get it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My Dh does this when were fighting. He's the type that needs time too cool off...i'm the type that needs to fight it out right then and there. So, I get it. But it is disrespectful for him to not AT LEAST tell you he's upset and want to be left alone for a while. My hubby will tell me that much. Plus, he has a phycho ex who calls him off the hook all the time, so most of the time he just gets tired of hearing his phone ring, and her nasty voice on the other end...LOL.
    But the next time you talk to him, tell him flat out...if he needs space or time thats fine. But he needs to tell you that. How are you supposed to know if he's just in one of his moods, or if something happened to him, if he's not going to at least communicate with you enough to say "just leave me alone for a little bit so I can think". Good luck!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:32 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• yes dear it is................
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:34 AM on Jul. 5, 2011