I don't know that I really have a question, just need to talk.... =/

Okay so last night my mil told my hubs and me that she and my fil are filing for divorce. This hit my hubby pretty hard, bc he has been going through a lot of stress at work too. One thing that makes it really hard is that my husband, me, and our 4 year old son live with them, and we have all lived together since my son was born! I don't know what to do. I don't know what is going to happen to us when they file. The reason we all are living together is because we can not afford to pay bills separately. The way things are right now my husband and I pay the lights, cable, internet, phone, our car insurance our car note, and our sons life insurance. My mil pays water and cell phones and my fil pays rent. And we all chip in for food and groceries. And we all are living pay check to paycheck still! I am worried about what is gonna happen, I want to be there for my hubby, but I don't know what to say... The way it looks now is that our son is going to lose one of the grandparents that he has lived with his whole life, and I don't know how that is going to affect him. He is too young understand any of this, heck I am 26 and i barely understand it. But my mil told us that they have been unhappy for a long time, and she just can't do it anymore. They do fight a lot and sometimes over stupid stuff. I just don't know what to do, I don't want my hubby to have to deal with the stress of this and the stress he has at work and everything else that seems to be piling up on top of everything. I just need some answers, but I don't even know the questions! Well, thanks for listening, I would like to ask for prayers please! They will be very appreciated..

lamom2aj

Asked by lamom2aj at 10:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Im sorry you and your family are going through such a rough time. I'm sure you'll find your way. Its probably going to be a long, tear filled road, but it will make you stronger and most likely bring you and your hubby closer together in the end. Try to remain neutral between your in-laws because if things get messy, you want to keep both grandparents in your childs life. And, these are the time when families get angry and bitter and make mistakes that cause them to lose touch. It sounds like a good time for you and hubby to get out on your own. I know you said its tight, but maybe if you cut back on some of the non essentials (like the cable, internet, and home phone) you can squeek out enough for a beginner home or apartment. And your parents would be only supporting themselves...insteaded of helping support 5...so they should be okay. Also check out state assistance to get you on your feet. Good luck.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2011