HPV vaccine

I'm debating whether or not to get this and I just read that they just figured out it can cause genital warts! Now I'm thinking I won't get it since I'm in a committed relationship. Has anyone had any problems or heard of this happening?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 11:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Health

• Is it true that if you get pregnant between doses of the vaccine then you get herpes? I read it on the other question and am now really panicky, since in total the doses are a time difference of 1 month and 6 months!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• okay i think i misread the question, doesn't matter, but if you get pregnant in that time can it affect you? because my dr did not tell me about this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't think it has anything to do with herpes....I just read that all these young girls starting getting genital warts and they figured out it was from the vaccine.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes, that is a very real consequence/side effect of the vaccine. You can go read about it at the CDC's website. There are far more serious side effects, but warts alone would be enough to convince me to not get it.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• In Short... don't. The ONLY real way to keep from getting HPV is to limit partners and use protection. It's just like HIV... It's a sexually transmitted diesase. IF you are doing things safely you are safe. HPV has many strands and the vaccine only protects against 4 of them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would avoid this vaccination until it has been on the market a considerable amount of time (as in years and years) and the side effects are well known and documented. Don't be the study group!
    Anonymous