Need Some Advice!!!

Is it bad that i dont want to work until my kids start school??? Am I the only one that wants to stay at home with my kids until they are starting pre-k???? I dont think it is, and I just want some honest opinions from others!!!!

mykidsloveme08

Asked by mykidsloveme08 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am completely with you... My youngest son just turned 1 friday and I will not go back to work until he starts pre-k...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:44 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would have LOVED to have been able to do that. You do what you need to mama! Enjoy your babies!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• my sacroiliac joint was injured on the job, so now i am stayin home til he starts school. he's 2 so it's not so bad. i like spending alot of time w him. tryin to pay for a sitter cancels out what i'd get paid anyway since it would be a cashier position.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If you can afford to stay home I say go for it!
    starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My kids all went to pre-school at 18 months. Id only work 28 hours a week in the summers.
    My kids needed playmate and they loved going to school.
    If your able to stay home, that's great but I went crazy the two years at home.
    My youngest two were only 19 months apart.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I am trying to find a job I can do from home so that I can stay home...I won't be able to afford putting 2 infants in daycare even if I am working full time.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I think its great, some people can do it some can't, and for many reasons. Personally DH and I both work full time, and the kids went to daycare until they started school full time. I've seen intelligent, happy kids come from 2 stay at home parent house holds, 1 SAH parent house hold, and then house holds like mine. You ask any of my kids who there best friend is and they'll either tell you mommy or daddy.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My babies are 3 and 6...im ready to work!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Why would that be bad? No one wants to work! But they have to! I have always worked full time. It's tough. I wish I could stay home. But honestly, it's harder now that they are in school than when they were babies. As babies they went to daycare and had a ball. Now in school, I am constantly missing plays, brownie meetings, T-ball practices, after school parties. It's harder for me to work while they are in school than when they were babies. I have to juggle rides for them constantly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I home school, so it's a little different to relate to that, however I believe that if you can stay at home, it shouldn't be until they go to school, but until they are adults. Children actually need you more as they get older, not less. If you can't be around to keep those lines of communication open, which takes a lot of time and pushing, then they are learning from their peers, which isn't necessarily what you want them to learn. You also have to think about when your child gets sick. Do you take off of work to take care of them? Do you find a babysitter willing to take care of them? Or when they are old enough to stay alone do you leave them at home alone during a time that they really need you? I don't know why women push other women into trying to feel bad for being SAHM. If they are working purely to get away, THEY are the ones that should feel guilty for having others raise their children.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2011